Top Services & Amenities to Consider in Your Senior Living Search
Finding a senior living community that is right for you takes time. There are many things to consider, starting with the type of community you want to live in. Continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs) like Querencia at Barton Creek provide access to the full spectrum of care. Residents also benefit from our location near Austin and the beauty of Texas Hill Country.
We encourage those who are considering living at Querencia at Barton Creek to think about what gives their life purpose. What matters to you? We believe that a senior living community’s services and amenities play a significant role in the happiness and well-being of its residents.
Common Senior Living Services & Amenities
Continuing care retirement communities tend to offer more extensive services and amenities than other senior living communities. Common services at CCRCs include things like security and emergency services, dining options for breakfast, lunch and dinner, housekeeping, banking and postal services, on-site social, recreational and educational activities, and transportation.
CCRCs also take pride in the amenities they provide to residents such as fitness facilities, common areas, barber shops and beauty salons, convenience stores and outdoor spaces. Don’t hesitate to ask questions about available services and amenities when evaluating a community.
Questions to Ask About Services & Amenities
While expectations for services and amenities tend to vary, we have compiled a list of questions you should consider asking any senior living community, including Querencia at Barton Creek.
Potential services and amenities questions to ask a senior living community include:
- What services do you offer that make you stand out from other communities?
- What amenities are most popular with residents? What amenities are you most proud of?
- How would you describe the dining experience? Are there varied meal options for residents with dietary restrictions? How often does the menu change?
- What social activities does your community offer? Is there an activities calendar?
- What educational opportunities does your community offer?
- What recreational and wellness activities does your community offer?
- What are some nearby recreational opportunities? Do you offer transportation?
- What are some nearby entertainment options? Do you offer transportation?
- What sort of transportation is available and how frequently is it offered?
- What is your pet policy? Do you offer any special amenities for pets?
Most communities will even let you try out some of their services and amenities for yourself, within reason. For instance, ask if you can have a meal at one of the restaurants. Or check the entertainment calendar and ask if you can participate in or observe one of the activities.
Exceptional Services & Amenities at Querencia
The talented team at Querencia at Barton Creek takes pride in the services and amenities we provide our residents. Some of our most popular services include:
- 24/7 concierge service
- Weekly housekeeping and linen services
- Gated access underground and valet parking
- Scheduled group and individual transportation
- Guaranteed priority access to on-site health services
Querencia at Barton Creek’s location within Texas Hill Country provides residents with scenic views right from their own living spaces and common areas, in addition to easy access to recreational and wellness activities. Some of our standout amenities include:
- Modern fitness and wellness center
- Outdoor covered pool, heated year-round
- Mesquite Dining Room and Limestone Grill (on-site dining experiences)
- Private dining room for residents and their guests
- Landscaped grounds and manicured courtyards
- 2-mile nature trail, resident garden and outdoor terraces
- Rooms for meetings, lectures and entertainment
- Full-service beauty and nail salon
Our residents also love spending time in our creative arts studio where they can take part in a group painting session or the woodworking shop where they can sharpen a new skill.
Live Your Best Life at Querencia
At Querencia at Barton Creek, our mission is to help our residents live independently for as long as possible. We believe that the services and amenities offered at a senior living community also play a key role in your health and happiness. Studies have shown that adults who participate in regular physical activity and have healthy social relationships are healthier and live longer. That is why we are always seeking out new ways to keep our residents healthy, active and engaged.
Want to learn more about the exciting services and amenities available at Querencia at Barton Creek? Contact usto schedule a visit and we will gladly show you around!